Purpose of this website
This Website has been constructed to support Australians seeking help with grief, loss and trauma through the provision of information, tools and strategies.
This Website is not a substitute for professional medical health care, advice or treatment. You should not delay seeking medical advice nor disregard it based on information contained on this Website.
To the extent permitted by law, we will in no way be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage however caused (and whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic) which may be suffered in connection with use of this Website or websites of other entities which are hyperlinked from this Website (Linked Websites).
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers.
Reliance on information
The information contained on this Website is provided by us in good faith. While we take reasonable care to ensure that the information we provide is helpful and up to date as at the time it was placed on the Website, please be aware that the contents of our Website are intended for your general information and use only and we do not warrant that the information is accurate, current or complete. Never delay in obtaining professional mental health or medical advice and/or treatment because of something you have seen on this Website. You must make your own assessment of the information contained on this Website and, if you choose to rely on it, it is wholly at your own risk.
On this basis, to the extent permitted by law:
- we exclude all statutory and general law warranties and guarantees in relation to our Website; or
- we disclaim all liability (including for negligence) for any injury, loss or damage incurred by you arising out of your use and reliance on the information and guidance provided through our Website.
Security and viruses
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer system, device, software or data occurs in connection with your use of this Website or a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
Your use of this website
If you have a complaint about any of the content that may be published on this Website, you should contact the Online Community Co-ordinator.
- access this Website in a manner that is illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location;
- use this Website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- engage in or promote any third-party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via this Website;
- impersonate any other person or entity;
- share information which reasonably identifies another person without their consent;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using this Website any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Website in your jurisdiction.
Copyright and trademarks
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this Website including (but not limited to) its design, layout, text, images, audio and video files, information architecture and coding, is subject to copyright owned by (or licensed to) us.
You may download, store in cache, display, print or make a single copy of the information or material on this Website for personal and non-commercial purposes, provided the reproduction is unaltered and attribution of the source is included. Any other use of this material requires our written consent.
This website contains trademarks which belong to us and third parties and are protected by applicable trademark and copyright laws. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any trademark which is displayed on this Website without the prior written consent of the relevant trademark owner.
Links to other websites and third-party consent
This Website may contain links to Linked Websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over any Linked Website nor responsibility for their content. We do not specifically endorse any organisation or content, and views or recommendations provided do not necessarily reflect our views.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through this website.
When you interact with us through this website, we may use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which we can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. We may use the information contained in cookies to improve the functionality of this Website and for security purposes. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies but this may impact your ability to use the Website (please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser).
We may also collect and store information about your visit to the Website, including:
- the name of the network domain from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the Website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website;
- the pages you accessed while visiting the Website;
- the type of device from which you accessed the Website; and
- the location from which you accessed the Website.
All of the information we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you individually. This information is used to measure visitor numbers and to assess how the Website was used in order to maintain its effectiveness.
There are additional Member Terms that will apply if you register as a member of the Griefline Forums. Forums membership enables you to contribute to the interactive elements on this Website. Regardless of whether you register, your use of this Website constitutes acknowledgement that the views of members posting queries, comments or statements on this Website are not necessarily our views and are not necessarily endorsed by us.
Website means the whole or any part of the web pages located at www.griefline.org.au.
Please visit our contact us page.